Day #25 – Body Armor Benchmark
Body Armor Benchmark (A)
- Dumbbell Strict Press (left)
- Dumbbell Strict Press (right)
Pulling some baselines in our first Body Armor session together. We will be re-testing this benchmarks in the coming weeks, so let’s be sure to track these scores down.
Dumbbell Strict Press
- Enter both scores below (left and right arm)
- Simple standard – locked out knees and hips (no momentum)
- One end of the bell touches the shoulder, to overhead
- Rest as needed between right and left side (doesn’t need to be right into it)
- If you do not have a dumbbell (or cant press the one we have for 5+), pushups for max reps
Body Armor Benchmark (B)
- L-Hang Position
Setting a midline baseline here, after our pressing test.
- Off pull-up bar, hinged 90 degrees at the waist with toes pointed above knees
- We are looking for a 10s minimum score here, so let’s modify to reach that (we want room to grow)
- Bend the knees to reduce loading on the midline
- If without access to a pull-up bar, complete as a static Hollow hold. Click for Video.
* Standard being 90 degree’s at the hips, toes above knees. Modify to achieve a (10) second minimum standard by bending knees, or through a hollow hold position.