Computer Remote Control – UltraVNC
Something new… UltraVNC from SourceForge. A vastly improved computer remote control solution from the early VNC days. Especially when you want to connect to the console session of…. a Win2K server that doesn’t allow that natively with Terminal Services… way to go M$.
Some of the cool things it supports:
- Option to use windows based authentication (no separate users/passwords)
- Easy potential for full 2 way encryption (although I haven’t tried this yet)
- Good performance since it hooks onto the video driver. (Still not quite as good as Remote Desktop/Terminal Services).
- Decent price of $free dollars.
- Potential to let multiple people connect in and view the same session.
- Auto locking the station if disconnected/connection closed.
Find it here: http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/