May 2, 2020
10 life lessons from @naval
- When looking for a purpose to life, notice that most things are stepping stones, done for ulterior motives.
- If you ever want to have peace in your life, you have to move beyond good and evil.
- To measure the quality of your life, simply do nothing, and see how it feels.
- No one can compete with you on being you. Most of life is a search for who and what needs you the most.
- Living a life of integrity pays off, but it takes a very long time.
- Three things in life: your health, your mission, and the people you love. That’s it.
- Play iterated games. All the returns in life, whether in wealth, relationships, or knowledge, come from compound interest.
- Religion, science, and spirituality help us make sense of the world. Life without at least one of them is a lonely and confusing place.
- Life is a single-player game.
- You can get almost anything you want out of life, as long as it’s one thing and you want it far more than anything else.
Bonus: Of all the cards you can pick in the game of life, choose intelligence and drive. You can trade those two for almost anything else.